Thursday, January 3, 2008

c of o...is it for me?

so last night college of the ozarks called me to ask me if i had questions about the school which i did and they said they should be calling this week for an interview and if they dont call by friday then i need to call them to set one up plus a tour. im excited but everyone is trying to tell me to stay home and live with papa and they are making me feel guilty about it. like i feel bad cause i dont want him to ever be alone but i need this college. you work for your tuition and its good for me. i want to go there plus i love branson so much. i will miss papa a lot and my mom but i have to learn to be on my own they just dont get. i guess the song is right parents just dont understand. it means so much to me to go there. im only going to college to become a nurse for him so i can take of him when he needs it if he ever does. but i do want to be a nurse for me as well. its a great career that helps people and i love to help people as much as i can. plus no matter where you go you can always find a job and nurses make bank so yeah. i want a family and to be stable unlike my mom. this sucks and i feel like im being pulled a million different ways to make a decision for them about my life even though i should be making it for me cause its my life not theirs. i just dont know what to do right now. i love my papa so much and i dont wanna leave or ever leave him alone. but i gotta do what i gotta do. let me know what y'all think.

4 comments:

Tina said...

I'm not going to say I understand necessarily, because I don't exactly... I've never been in your situation. But I do feel for you. I'm having schooling issues at the moment too... And I have no idea what I'm going to do for college, or even what I want to major in. But I'll be praying for you. I know that decisions about school and such puts a LOT of weight on your shoulders. So we'll pray that you make the right decision, and won't feel bad about it. Because it's no fun knowing you're doing the right thing... but still feeling guilty anyway. Love ya!

Tina

Megan Renee said...

Girl!I am right with you! I am looking @ C of O as well..I have a cousin who graduates from there in May and I know several people who went there and they loved it! It sounds liek a good school and i know what i want to do with my life but I too,am being pulled into different directions about my life.I know my parents don't want to think about college right considering my sis just left this past fall...:-) It'll be ok..Listen to advice of those you love but in the end you gotta do what you gotta do...Love ya girl!ttyl!

whisper said...

I think you do need to do whats right for you. If you don't even your parents will regret it. You can't live your life for them. You have to live it for you. If they really love you, in the end they will support you in whatever you do.

annette07 said...

Tomiah,

Do what is right for you and your family will understand eventually. From what you have said of your papa he would encourage you to pursue your goals. Does your family have to finance your education or will you be able to do it yourself. If they have help you should sit down and have a serious, no confrontation, talk with whoever is going to do it. Don't let the others influence your decision. Also, remember prayer is the best place to start.