Sunday, January 20, 2008

COLLEGE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

college is crazy!!!! i just dont know if i will make it or not. this thursday i have an interview at c of o and that day is my deciding future. im so scared. me and mom are going shopping tomorrow to pick out the perfect outfit but i have no clue what to wear. what to say. how to act. i know ive gotten plenty of tips and thanks to those of you that have but im still scared. i have a feeling im just going to blank and then like run out of the room and screw everything up. im so confused right now. i have no clue anymore. my dad is always telling me that i have the grades but in reallity i dont. my first two years of high school i messed up and i have a feeling its gonna come back and bite me...i need some help or something. i need answers and guidance. and no not a guidance counselor the ones at my school dont help at all. but you get what im saying. i just dont have all the answers and no one in my family has ever gone to college. i will be the first. even out of the extended family. its scary to have that weight on your shoulders and im only the second to graduate. papa graduated but never received a diploma cause he moved so much he wasnt allowed or something. he couldnt help that he was in foster care. so i dont know. but lets just say im second to make it not complicated. and first for college. i have no clue what to do. i need help. this is crazy. i have no clue what to do. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

annette07 said...

Tomiah,

Don't think about being the first in college of second to graduate. Just think about what YOU have accomplished and want to accomplish in your life as TOMIAH. Your family is very proud of you and so are we. You know how thoughts and prayers are with you as you make this decision. Have you toured C of O before this or do you know their dress code requirements. I would check into that and it may help you with your wardrobe. If you can show how motivated and prepared you are it will go along way. Your grades are important. Even if you started out a little shakey you have shown you can push through and improve.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Tomiah08 said...

thanks annette

i will be taking a tour right after the interview...and i have no clue the dress code...i didnt see anything on the website about it...but thanks for your support.

Tina said...

Hey girl!
I agree with Annette... Don't think too much about being the first to go to college. I have to live up to my dad's two majors and starting his own business! Haha. My mom didn't go to college, but my dad had a double major in math and theology.
During your interview, its okay to be nervous! = P I've had several interviews recently with all my school-hopping... And I all my interviewers have been understanding about the nervousness! Three of my interviews were over the phone. The fourth [last year] was in person. It IS nerve-wracking. Just keep your head up, your shoulders back, and smile! They'll like it if you can look them in the eye.
As for wardrobe... I'd go for some nice pants or a skirt, and a nice shirt. But like Annette said, if you can figure out the dress code, that would be even better.
On the way to your interview... listen to whatever music is best for you. Do you do better listening to music that will energize you, or do you need to be calmed down? = P A lot of times your attitude going into it will show through.
I wouldn't be afraid to say, "Sorry, I'm a little nervous," if you get tongue-tied.
I'll be praying for you! I know you're waaay out of your comfort zone on this one, but it'll turn out like it's supposed to! Annnnd... This got kinda long. Oh well. I love you, Miah!

Megan Renee said...

Hey tomiah! How was your interveiw? I hope and pray it went well! I'm sure you did fine.you rock! ttyl! *hugs*